THE DATE JAR
Try this – it certainly has created a lot of fond memories for us.
- Guys, write out (in secret) a list of great date ideas. To find these, you might google “romantic date ideas” or “quirky date ideas” or “cheap date ideas”. Customise them to suit your spouse and you. They can just be fun dates, or romantic dates, or a mixture.
- Write a number next to each item on the list. (For the rest of this explanation, I’ll pretend you came up with 20 ideas.)
- Find a jar, and 20 tokens, game pieces etc (even little squares of paper) that you can write a number on.
- Write a single number between 1 and 20 on each token, game piece etc. (Don’t repeat any numbers. You should end up with 20 tokens, game pieces etc, each holding a different number.)
- Place them all in a big jar.
- Each week, she draws out a single token from the jar. The activity on your secret list that has that number will be the date for this week.
Try to tell her just enough so she can prepare for the date (eg prepare suitable clothes) – but try to keep the details of the date as secret as possible. That way the anticipation builds. It also allows you to re-use the idea again if at the last moment, something comes up and you can’t use the idea.
- At the last possible moment, reveal the date.
- Enjoy the date
All content copyright 2018 Greg & Kathy Weller